Tuesday, March 27, 2018

OH, MARCH

March--in like a lion, out like a lamb
March Madness
"March is the month God created to show people who don't drink what a hangover is like."

(That last one is by Garrison Keillor, of Prairie Home Companion, who is a fellow Minnesotan and clearly knows EXACTLY what March is like in the Midwest.)

It's been lion-like madness at my house. I've been laid up for almost a month with pneumonia. I hardly ever get sick, and I'm not sure I've ever been so ill that I couldn't read a couple of books a day if I was stuck in bed. But pneumonia turned my brain off. I spent the month in bed watching all five seasons of Breaking Bad--a show which held absolutely no appeal to me at any other time in my life, since I prefer my crime slapsticky and sweet-talking, like White Collar or Castle or Chuck, not grim and gritty. And now I'm scouring message boards from five years ago to discover what everyone thinks of the series' twists. Because I am both timely and relevant!

March in Colorado is glorious. This morning was winter wonderland gorgeous, except that the roads are clear and the sun shining, and it will all melt by tomorrow. And I'm working towards grocery shopping without needing a nap immediately. SPRING IS COMING.

No comments:

Post a Comment