Friday, February 9, 2018

Caught My Fancy Friday: Reading in 2017

 


So this was my year . . . 200 books under my belt. I haven't read that many books since I started recording things on Goodreads several years ago. Usually I read around 120, 140.

I can account for it!
  1. I went on three international trips last year (also a TERRIFIC first that I doubt will ever be repeated). I read a book or two each day on vacation, usually, and more on a plane/train/car/boat to drown out motion sickness.
  2. I voted for the Whitney Awards for the first time last year, and so I read 40 books in about a month. It was the first time in my life that I've ever been sick of reading.
  3. I read a lot of YA and middle grade fiction, which tends to run shorter than adult fiction.
  4. I was down in the dumps for a lot of 2017. Books are my coping mechanism.

No comments:

Post a Comment