Monday, December 21, 2015

Am I Icelandic?

This has been making the rounds on my facebook feed:
And I find it delightful!

I love getting books for Christmas, but my family claims it's hard to know what I've read already, so they don't usually try.  I always buy lots of books for the people I love--my favorite part of Christmas morning is when my kids lose interest in opening gifts because they have a new book that the REALLY WANT TO READ.  What's cozier than that?

Some of the books I've bought this Christmas include Woven by David Powers King and Michael Jenson, Rook by Sharon Cameron (I actually bought 5 copies of this for my favorite folks!  I LOVE THIS BOOK), The False Prince series and The Mark of the Thief by Jennifer Nielsen, Leviathon by Scott Westerfeld, Reckless by Cornelia Funke, The Origami Yoda series by Tom Angleberger, The Eighth Day series by Dianne Salerni, Vargic's Miscellany of Curious Maps: Mapping the Modern World by Martin Vargic, Symphony for the Dead: Shostakovich and the Seige of Leningrad by MT Anderson, and a bunch of others I didn't intend to buy but intrigued me in the bookstore.  Bookstores are dangerous places for me!

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment