Monday, February 9, 2015

#WriterRecharge check-in

Writer Recharge is once again hosted by Katy UppermanAlison MillerElodie NowodazkijSara Biren, and Liz Parker! This is your chance for a four-week jump start in the middle of a cold, dreary winter. Set goals for yourself, check in once a week, and connect with other recharging writers.


Too bad I posted my goals Friday, cheered at basketball games and taught church lessons all weekend, and am checking in Monday.  Here's to a more productive week ahead!

Here are my goals for the month:
  • WRITE/REVISE – I'm putting my drafting on hold for a few days while I tweak the ending of SAVANT to make my con man a little less slimy.  I feel like every plot point I solve creates new holes elsewhere!  I have a brainstorming session planned tomorrow and a phone call with my agent later in the week, so I should be able to get this done.  
  • READ/REREAD - I read a little book called Manage Your Day-to-Day:Build Your Routine, Find Your Focus, and Sharpen Your Creative Mind that had some excellent ideas about managing a creative life (spoiler alert: stop checking email).
  • STRETCH - My gratitude challenge continues to be a challenge!  But I am taking note of some of the wonderful things in my life.
  • SELF - My bike ride was magnificent and came with a side of mild sunburn.  I'm going again tomorrow!
  • CONNECT - I had a great chat with my sister today (she's going to St. Petersburg!  Shouldn't I go with her for strictly research purposes?).
  • FUN - We've booked dinner at a fancy-pants restaurant with some of our favorite couples at the end of the month for Denver's Restaurant Week!

No comments:

Post a Comment