Writer Recharge is once again hosted by Katy Upperman, Alison Miller, Elodie Nowodazkij, Sara Biren, and Liz Parker! This is your chance for a four-week jump start in the middle of a cold, dreary winter. Set goals for yourself, check in once a week, and connect with other recharging writers.
Here are my goals for the month:
- WRITE/REVISE – I'm putting my drafting on hold for a few days while I tweak the ending of SAVANT to make my con man a little less slimy. I feel like every plot point I solve creates new holes elsewhere! I have a brainstorming session planned tomorrow and a phone call with my agent later in the week, so I should be able to get this done.
- READ/REREAD - I read a little book called Manage Your Day-to-Day:Build Your Routine, Find Your Focus, and Sharpen Your Creative Mind that had some excellent ideas about managing a creative life (spoiler alert: stop checking email).
- STRETCH - My gratitude challenge continues to be a challenge! But I am taking note of some of the wonderful things in my life.
- SELF - My bike ride was magnificent and came with a side of mild sunburn. I'm going again tomorrow!
- CONNECT - I had a great chat with my sister today (she's going to St. Petersburg! Shouldn't I go with her for strictly research purposes?).
- FUN - We've booked dinner at a fancy-pants restaurant with some of our favorite couples at the end of the month for Denver's Restaurant Week!